- Look and Feel
- Technical Aspects
- No more emailing attachments around. Store files with descriptions and version histories.
- Keep track of who changes what and when, allowing you to roll back any unwanted changes with the click of a button.
- Easily embed interactive task lists into any page to keep track of progress.
- EditMe automatically generates and features streams of information in the right hand column, letting you and your team see the history of that individual page and what recent changes have been made site wide.
- Build a foundation of knowledge from past projects, allowing your team to search and mine information, allowing them to cut costs.
Look and Feel
- You have complete 100% control over your site's HTML layout and CSS, without leaving your browser. EditMe makes it easy to match your current website design by using your web development skills or EditMe's affordable professional services.
- Choose any of two dozen attractive designs to apply to your site.
- Set permissions on a site, section or individual page with a single click.
- Three simple user roles make it easy to designate who can do what on your site:
- Administrator – has the ability to make edits and changes to the structure of the EditMe Site.
- Registered – can make edits to the page but they must be approved by an Administrator.
- Locked – only has access to view the site but can’t make edits.
- Moderate your registrations by requiring your administrators to approve new users and send out email notifications to keep everyone informed about any changes made.
- EditMe allows you to create groups for particular types of users (Copywriters, Designers) within your intranet, with specific security setting and abilities to help focus their tasks.
- Customize your security settings and apply them to the entire site (on the Page Security settings page), or to individual pages using the Security dropdown on the Edit Page screen.
- EditMe provides SSL encryption for all Professional and Premium plan customers. EditMe's SSL certificate is provided by GeoTrust, one of the leading global certificate providers. Individual user sessions are identified and checked with each transaction using a unique token created at login.
- Each EC2 instance stores data on an EBS volume within Amazon Web Services, which are backed up every twelve hours in the form of incremental volume snapshots. Additionally, each EditMe server takes local snapshots of the individual sites daily and are tested by a human three times per week.
- Security within Amazon EC2 is provided on multiple levels: The operating system (OS) of the host system, the virtual instance operating system or guest OS, a stateful firewall and signed API calls, with each items building on the capabilities of the others.
- EditMe uses an all-in-one cloud-based monitoring suite to notify support staff of any interruption in service or abnormal server activity - 24x7.
- Intuitive XML-based templates are combined with CSS to create a system that any web developer can easily work within and customize.
- Cut down on spam accounts by asking people to type a simple word when editing or commenting.
- A simple key/value database provides fast and flexible storage of your choice of data formats.