EditMe Affiliate Program
EditMe now offers a lucrative affiliate program to reward affiliates and existing customers who refer new EditMe customers.
How it Works
- Interested affiliates apply for an affiliate code.
- Upon approval, EditMe provides instructions for linking to any page of EditMe's web site using the affiliate code.
- EditMe provides image collateral and ideas, but encourages affiliates to write their own content to encourage their visitors to sign up with EditMe.
- Visitors who come to EditMe's site through an affiliate link are tagged with a cookie containing that affiliate's code for 10 years.
- If a tagged visitor signs up, their account is associated with the referring affiliate, and the affiliate gets paid!
EditMe's affiliate compensation is very generous. Affiliates receive:
- 100% of the first month's hosting fee for every new customer referred.
- 20% of recurring revenue for hosting for as long as the customer remains actively billing.
- 10% of any custom development work billed within the first year of a referred customer's relationship.
- Payments are made monthly via PayPal when $10 or more has been earned.
Active affiliates will receive monthly email updates on their progress. Updates contain:
- The number of unique visitors referred to EditMe with the affiliates' code.
- The average number of page views per visitor.
- A list of new referral customers and the total earned.
- A list of recurring referral customers and the total earned.
A web-based affiliate reporting tool for viewing real-time stats with even more detail is in the works.
Terms & Conditions
- Affiliates earn 100% of the first month's hosting fee, regardless of plan or payment frequency chosen, for each new customer they refer. A New Customer is a customer that has not done business with EditMe before. If the customer continues service past one month, the affiliate earns 20% of recurring hosting revenue.
- Initial 1 month fee includes the site created along with the initial EditMe account. Additional sites created under the same account do not result in a 100% first month payment. Affiliates do earn 20% recurring revenue commission on up to five sites created under each referred account. Recurring revenue is calculated based on the current monthly hosting fee charged for the oldest 5 sites in each referred account.
- An affiliate earns 10% of any custom development work billed within the first year of the referred customer's account creation. Only money paid directly to EditMe earns affiliate commission. If a customer uses a designer recommended but not employed by EditMe, no commission is earned as EditMe does not get paid.
- Payments are made at the beginning of every month. Any affiliate that has earned at least $10 in the previous month will get paid. Affiliates who have earned less than $10 will accrue unpaid earnings until earnings reach at least $10 at the beginning of a month. If an affiliate ends their relationship with EditMe (or if they are disqualified for violation of terms and conditions), they will get paid whatever they have earned at the beginning of the next month. There is a 7 day grace period for new accounts. For example, new accounts created within 7 days of the end of January will pay commission at the beginning of March instead of the beginning of February.
- If EditMe doesn't get paid, no affiliate commission is earned. Instances where EditMe does not get paid include, but are not limited to:
1) The customer is eligible for free service. EditMe may provide free service to charitable non-profit organizations and to developers/designers who use the service to providing EditMe custom development services.
2) The customer's billing information is deemed fraudulent, resulting in a voided payment or charge-back.
3) The customer cancels and, at EditMe's discretion, is issued a refund for their payment.
- The first affiliate to tag a new customer gets the commission. For example, if a visitor is tagged by Affiliate A and then later is referred by Affiliate B and signs up, Affiliate A will receive the commission. This prevents "stealing" of referrals and rewards affiliates who truly bring new prospects to the table.
- EditMe reserves the right to tag visitors with its own affiliate tags to track targeted marketing campaigns, such as paid links, search engine ads and site banners. Visitors will only be tagged by EditMe if they are not already tagged by another affiliate.
- The affiliate code is stored in a persistent cookie in the visitors browser and set for expiration 10 years after initial storage. Visitors have the ability to disable and/or delete persistent cookies in their browsers or use different browsers or different computers than they used when initially tagged by an affiliate. EditMe can only track referrals who sign up with the affiliate's code set in their browser, or who type it into the "How did you hear about us" box when signing up.
- Affiliates may not recruit referrals using email marketing that violates the CAN-SPAM act.
- Affiliates may use the affiliate collateral provided via EditMe's web site on the Affiliate Collateral page only. Affiliates may not copy any other content from any of EditMe's sites or marketing materials without permission. Nor may affiliates copy unique content developed by other affiliates.
- Affiliates may not make false or misleading claims about the EditMe service or product.
- EditMe may request modification of affiliate content and messaging if that content or messaging is found to be incorrect, misleading, unprofessional or otherwise harmful to the EditMe brand. EditMe reserves the right to discontinue an affiliate relationship if such a request is not granted in a timely manner.
- Affiliates must refer to the product as "EditMe", not editme, Editme, Edit Me, editme.com, EditMe.com, or any other derivative. EditMe is a registered trademark.
- An affiliate is considered "active" as long as they are earning money through the program. If an affiliate is not earning any money, EditMe reserves the right to discontinue report mailings.
- EditMe reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions and or cancel the program entirely. EditMe will notify program participants via email when changes are made.
- EditMe reserves the right to revoke affiliate status and stop payments at its sole discretion for affiliates that violate any of these terms and conditions.
EditMe's affiliate program is listed in the Affiliate Seeking directory.
Become an EditMe Affiliate
Please complete the following form to request an Affiliate code.