How to Choose a Hosted Wiki
How to Choose a Hosted Wiki: 3 Considerations
For many companies and organizations, having a hosted wiki offers many benefits, no matter where you are at with your business. A hosted wiki allows you to combine everyone’s thoughts and ideas about your projects and truly collaborate in an easy, accessible fashion, without having to worry about any of the technical aspects of it. Although, when choosing a hosted wiki service to use, there are three items to consider:
1. No learning curve: Which of the Wiki services has a WYSIWYG or What You See Is What You Get editor? The WYSIWYG allows your users to see exactly what the finished product is going to look like when you publish text and pictures on your website, meaning that literally anyone can use it, no matter how technically proficient they are. A WSYIWYG editor guarantees that each and every member of your team will be able to edit.
2. Immediate Setup & Access: Are you ready to start using your wiki now but are worried about all the hoops you may have to jump through to actually get your site up and running? Look for a wiki that can have you up and running in minutes. There are no patches to install, or files to download!
All features are online enabled, so you can access your system at anytime from anywhere there is a connection to the internet. Find a wiki that you can use from any personal computer, just as you would from your own.
3. Low lifetime cost of ownership: The most important consideration to look for, when shopping around for any hosted wiki solution, is the overall cost associated with it. Does your wiki charge you for adding extra members? How much is it per month, per year? What benefits are associated with this wiki? Obviously, looking for the wiki that is not going to charge you for more members, added features and other benefits is the ideal for maintaining a cost effective system.
Stay Connected with EditMe
Most Popular Posts
- Ways to Wiki: Business Process Documentation
- The Army's Business Process Wiki
- Ways to Wiki: Document Management
- Tips & Tricks: Host Videos On Your Site
- Ways to Wiki: Project Management
- Tip of the Knows: Calendar Integration
- Three Online Image Tools to Crop and Resize
- Five Ways to use Apple's iPad to Collaborate Online
- Trend Micro is Blocking All Mail from Amazon's Cloud
- HTML5 vs. Flash: Who will own the web's interactive future?